The “M” logo was first used by Herman Miller in 1946 and designed by Irving Harper in the George Nelson Office. It was updated in 1960 by the George Nelson Office. John Massey, Center for Advanced Research in Design, added lower case Helvetica bold to the right of the logo in 1968. The current rendition was designed by Brian Edlefson under the direction of Steve Frykholm in 1998. The logo appears within a circle and the typeface is Meta.
Recognition ACD/STA 100 1999
Copyright Herman Miller Inc.
Artifact Type Digital Reproduction
Donor Herman Miller, Inc.
ID Number 3357